I made this hat to use up two small skeins of leftover yarn from other projects. Both yarns were worsted weight and fairly muted, so they seemed like a good combination. I knit about an inch and a half of ribbing before starting the body. The top of that hat decreases quickly in just a few rounds as is my usual style of hat decrease.
I added a final bit of bright color at the top to provide a bit of a pop. the only thing I would do differently next time is to be a bit more careful about knitting in at the ends of my yarn. You can sort of see where I switched colors, not a big deal, but annoying all the same.