There is currently no cost if you would like to provide yarn support for my self published patterns.
I am currently focused on designing hats and small accessories that take 1-2 skeins of yarn.
If you would like to collaborate on the design or have a pattern custom created for your line please let me know and we can discuss!
Please email me at Support(at)MidnightskyFibers.com and include your website/shop link and social media info.
Looking forward to working with you!
Yarns I am looking for:
- Sport, DK, worsted, and Aran weight
- Solid or semi solid colors with good stitch definition. Yarns where cables and lace will show up well are ideal.
- Wool and wool blend yarns (please no angora). Yarns for hats should be elastic/offer some stretch so they stay on well.
- Most patterns take between 150-200 yards of yarn for hats.
- Colors: colors that photograph well (I try and avoid black, dark grey, and other colors that make it harder to show off the stitches and your fabulous yarn).
What I provide:
- Your yarn listed exclusively on the pattern.
95 (145, 163, 197) yds/ 87 (133, 150, 181) m worsted weight yarn with good stitch definition. Shown in Test Yarn Yarn Name (100% wool, 164 yds/150 m, 1.75 oz/50 g) in sample color
- Patterns with your yarn info listed in multiple places. My patterns are listed on Ravelry, Craftsy, Etsy, and other sites.
- Timeline: typically 1-2 months for pattern design. Knitting a sample, tech editing, layout and photography take time! If it will take you more than 2 weeks to send yarn please let me know.
- Promotion: I will provide you with images you can share on social media and several gift codes for pattern copies you can use to run a giveaway or use in kits.